/ }

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Teaser Tuesdays





*Teaser Tuesdays* is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"She once wanted to rent a hot-air balloon to test out our town’s clouds, though I told her that I was pretty sure, from science class, she wouldn’t be able to poke donut holes through them like she hoped to. She wanted to be able to spy on everyone, she said, from the cloud cover, and shoot them with jets of rain when they misbehaved."

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma

4 comments:

  1. I love that: shooting "jets of rain when they misbehaved" - sounds like something I'd want to do myself. :) I haven't heard of this book yet. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's our TT for the week:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/teaser-tuesday-adventures-and-japan-lit/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating. I hope you are enjoying the book. My teasers are from Lawe's Justice by Lora Leigh and Kaptain Vamp by Joanne Lecuyer. Two very different reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a novel i'd heard of until now, thanks for sharing! Great teaser & i love the cover!
    New follower :-)

    Here's my TT:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete